My School Uniform

Posted by HB Sunday, January 3, 2010


When it comes to clothing, I am not known for my sartorial splendor. I like to wear what I call my comfort pants. They feel good and give me a sense of confidence. I would wear them everyday if I could. Most of my comfort pants are cut off at the knee.
I probably have close to 50 T-shirts, most of which I either found or were given to me. I don't use the food storage method of dressing. I seldom rotate and replenish.
I have a public education so never wore a school uniform, except in college. I was in my ultimate comfort zone as an undergraduate. My sophomore year, I stumbled upon a pair of adult Cub Scout pants that were exactly my size. I found them at a thrift store and wore them almost daily. Just before I graduated, they finally fell apart. It was a sad day in my college career.
Another trip to the thrift store yielded a great pair of bowling shoes. They were comfortable and made me feel confident. I have never been one to wear my feelings on my sleeve, but for several semesters in college, I did wear my IQ on the back of my shoes. It was 9 1/2.
I was actually in the T-shirt printing business in college with my partner and roommate. I had all the seconds, misprints and rejects I ever wanted. When it got cold, I had a nice green v-neck sweater. I didn't like it much until I cut off the sleeves. It instantly became part of my college comfort uniform.
My kids are always asking me what I want for Christmas and my birthday. They never believe me when I tell them I want another pair of Cub Scout pants and some size 13 bowling shoes. My feet haven't grown, but my IQ has.

1 Responses to My School Uniform

  1. ld Says:
  2. Why short change yourself? I've experienced your IQ throughout the years.

    At a minimum…you're pushing size 14 1/2.

     

Blog Archive

Thru the lens and life of HB

I'm an apprentice senior citizen who can't wait for my old-man discounts to kick in. At one time, HB stood for Healthy Baby, Hunky Body, Happy Bridegroom, HouseBroken and Half-Baked. My current HB status is Has-Been. A few more Happy Birthdays and Hardly Breathing can't be too far away. Then, hopefully it will be Heaven Bound. I will keep you posted.

Hefty Baby..................Healthy Boy

Hefty Baby..................Healthy Boy

Happy Bridegroom...Hare-Brained

Happy Bridegroom...Hare-Brained

Housebroken...........Has Been

Housebroken...........Has Been

Followers