METHANE, MASSIVE AND MAKING ME MAD

Posted by HouseBroken husband Friday, February 26, 2010
 
I popped this picture atop the home of a Montana rancher. I call it a methane vane. Not only does it tell you which way the wind is blowing, it also tells where you should stand to make sure you are down wind of the adjacent corrals full of methane producing mooers.


Here's another memento of Montana and the same rancher. He had plenty of these round, massive sandstone rocks around his yard and ranch.

This one weights at least 500-600 pounds. I know, because I had to move it one time.


Forget Montana, this is a pet peeve of mine that occurs all across the country. You stand in line for at least a half an hour to get waited on. While waiting, or even worse, once you get to the head of the line, the phone rings and the salesperson immediately spends almost ten minutes helping a potential customer on the phone while you, a real customer with real money ready to spend are right there in front of them.

After driving to the store and standing in line for a long time, I think I deserve a little more respect and help than some random call in. The next time it happens, look out. You won't need a weather vane to tell which way my massive methane wind will be blowing.

0 comments

Blog Archive

Thru the lens and life of HB

I'm an apprentice senior citizen who can't wait for my old-man discounts to kick in. At one time, HB stood for Healthy Baby, Hunky Body, Happy Bridegroom, HouseBroken and Half-Baked. My current HB status is Has-Been. A few more Happy Birthdays and Hardly Breathing can't be too far away. Then, hopefully it will be Heaven Bound. I will keep you posted.

Hefty Baby..................Healthy Boy

Hefty Baby..................Healthy Boy

Happy Bridegroom...Hare-Brained

Happy Bridegroom...Hare-Brained

Housebroken...........Has Been

Housebroken...........Has Been

Followers