My Daughter is Trying to Kill Me...

Posted by HB Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Take a good look. You probably won't see me alive much longer.
This is how I looked today after running 2.2 miles in 90 degree weather.  My daughter must need the insurance money because she has talked me into running a half marathon with her this September. She has a complete training regimen set up.

She almost cashed in early yesterday on our first day of running 2 miles. I thought I had died, but no such luck for her. I attribute my still being alive to a lifelong diet of Dr Pepper and Doritos. It's the food and drink of marathoners world wide. At least those who live west of I-15 in Orem.

I will admit that I also was ready to cash in today. At the 1.75 mile mark, I was hoping one of the big dump trucks on Geneva road would do me and my daughter a favor and hit me head on. It would have solved her monetary dreams and my misery.
Since misery loves company, here is the training regimen she has us on in preparation for the 12-plus mile run in Draper, Utah, sometime in September. By the way, that works out to be 2 miles for every decade I have lived.

Feel free to join us. Running that is, and not driving the dump truck down Geneva road.


1 Responses to My Daughter is Trying to Kill Me...

  1. Brent Says:
  2. Count me in! I'm with you, HB!

     

Blog Archive

Thru the lens and life of HB

I'm an apprentice senior citizen who can't wait for my old-man discounts to kick in. At one time, HB stood for Healthy Baby, Hunky Body, Happy Bridegroom, HouseBroken and Half-Baked. My current HB status is Has-Been. A few more Happy Birthdays and Hardly Breathing can't be too far away. Then, hopefully it will be Heaven Bound. I will keep you posted.

Hefty Baby..................Healthy Boy

Hefty Baby..................Healthy Boy

Happy Bridegroom...Hare-Brained

Happy Bridegroom...Hare-Brained

Housebroken...........Has Been

Housebroken...........Has Been

Followers