Thanksgiving, Rodeo and Entreated

Posted by HB Monday, December 6, 2010
We had the grand kids (all four of them) at home for Thanksgiving. The turkey was good, but the rodeo where they rode me to the ground was even better.
Now that Thanksgiving is over, I am working on becoming a better person for Christmas. I am trying to heed the scripture in Alma 7: 23 that says:

And now I would that ye should be humble, and be submissive and gentle; easy to be entreated; full of patience and long-suffering; being temperate in all things; being diligent in keeping the commandments of God at all times; asking for whatsoever things ye stand in need, both spiritual and temporal; always returning thanks unto God for whatsoever things ye do receive.

It's been quite sobering to see where I am now and where I need to be to reach my goal. I am going to give it my best shot.

So far, I have hope because I am easily entreated. I make a 9 pm run six days a week to Mike's Chevron which is just a quarter mile away from my home.

 I come home fully entreated with a Dr. Pepper, Milky Way and a small bag of Ruffles Cheddar Cheese and Sour Cream potato chips.

You have to start somewhere.

I did get some nice practice in patience and long-suffering just before Thanksgiving.

My wife wanted to redo the kitchen in time for the holiday. We got a late start and on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, with part of the family already here, I started painting the kitchen. My wife chose some kind of pale lime green. I said I liked it. Better yet, she said she liked it because she picked it out.

Wednesday morning, the next day, she woke me at 6 am and said that she didn't like the color and I needed to repaint. After an early morning trip to Lowe's, we bought more paint, this time an olive green, and I was back at it.

It was a total immersion into the patience and long-suffering I am trying to cultivate in my life. It actually turned out well and we all liked the new color of the kitchen.

By late Wednesday evening, however, I felt entitled to a double dose of entreatment and came back from Mike's Chevron with two Milky Ways, one big bag of of chips and a six pack of Bud Lite. Okay, just kidding. I don't drink beer, but had I been required to repaint on Thanksgiving day, I probably would have started.

Here's he color we ended up with.

 
I hope it doesn't drive you to drink.

hb









Now

1 Responses to Thanksgiving, Rodeo and Entreated

  1. Sorry HB but if that is the color then I think it's time for you to go on your mission before you completely lose it. Your friend, Dennis Gibson - Rocklin, CA

     

Blog Archive

Thru the lens and life of HB

I'm an apprentice senior citizen who can't wait for my old-man discounts to kick in. At one time, HB stood for Healthy Baby, Hunky Body, Happy Bridegroom, HouseBroken and Half-Baked. My current HB status is Has-Been. A few more Happy Birthdays and Hardly Breathing can't be too far away. Then, hopefully it will be Heaven Bound. I will keep you posted.

Hefty Baby..................Healthy Boy

Hefty Baby..................Healthy Boy

Happy Bridegroom...Hare-Brained

Happy Bridegroom...Hare-Brained

Housebroken...........Has Been

Housebroken...........Has Been

Followers